Pre-K Family Engagement Plan
- Facilitate family-to-family support
*Creating a safe and respectful environment
- Dr. Becky Bailey- Conscious Discipline for classroom management
- Dr. Becky Bailey-Conscious Discipline website:
*Ensuring opportunities for continuous participation in events
- Inviting parents at the end of each six weeks to an Academic Pep
Rally that awards students for perfect attendance for that six
- Establish a network of community resources
*Leveraging community resources
- Fire Station Walk
- Community Helper Walk
- Increase family participation in decision making
*Engaging families in shaping program activities and cultivating the
expectation that information must flow in both directions to reflect two
- Daily Communication Folder
- Weekly Newsletter
- Monthly- Early Childhood Parents Newsletter- parent-institute.com
- Two parent Conferences per school year
*Using appropriate tools such as surveys to gather family feedback on the Family Engagement Plan
- Send home Family Engagement Plan
- Equip families with tools to enhance and extend learning.
*Providing families with information on creating a home learning environment connected to formal learning opportunities.
- Monthly- Early Childhood Parents Newsletters
*Equipping families with resources and skills to support children to visit
school in advance.
- Pre-Kindergarten Roundup
- Summer letter inviting families to visit school before the school year begins.
- Meet the Teacher Night prior to school beginning.
*Providing complementary home learning activities for families to engage in at home with children.
- At Home Family Projects
- List of Free age appropriate apps
- Seesaw- digital student portfolios
*Collaborating with families to appropriately respond to children’s behavior in a non-punitive and positive way
- Daily Commitments (intrinsic), Stickers/Treasure Box(extrinsic)
- Dr. Becky Bailey Conscious Discipline Website
- Kindness Notes
- Develop staff skills to help families meet learning benchmarks
*Promoting and developing family engagement as a core strategy to improve
teaching and learning among all educators and staff.
- Attending CIRCLE training
- T-TESS training and evaluation
- Evaluate Family Engagement efforts and use evaluations for continuous improvement
*Developing data collection systems to monitor family engagement and focusing on engagement of families from specific populations to narrow the achievement gap
- CLI Engage Assessment
- Parent Conferences
- Family Survey